Who am I?
An empowering registered dietitian nutritionist, certified personal trainer, yoga teacher, intuitive/mindfulness coach, & personal evolution mentor.
I guide you to move past your blockages to fully nourish your mind, body, & soul, so you can choose & create your most deeply fulfilling life – both internally & externally.
My Philosophy – I serve you to…
My mission is to help you awaken from your past conditioning and live from the present moment, so that you can live your most empowered, delicious, fulfilled life.
I practice functional and integrative health therapies, which means I focus on finding and treating the root of the issue (rather than the symptoms) and to understand each person as a whole.
My work is largely-based on mindfulness and harnessing the power of the present moment. My approach includes food, sleep, stress, movement, genetics, supplements (when necessary), and mind-body modalities (yoga, meditation).
- Nutrition, movement, and wellness are not a one-size-fits all approach. Although there are basic principles that are beneficial to many people, I believe in individualizing nutrition, movement, and wellness plans to meet your unique needs.
- My food philosophy is deeply rooted in mindfulness, intuitive eating/movement, nutrigenomics, and HAES (Health At Every Size). I don’t teach diets, rules, or advise unnecessary restriction of foods or food groups. I take a holistic, root cause approach to mind-body-soul wellness.
- My approaches to wellness are always evidence-based and are supported by real results from my clinical and personal experiences. Genomics, biochemistry, psychology, exercise science, neuroscience, quantum physics, somatics, and nutritional science heavily influence my work.
- I help you establish actions, energetic states, & mindsets that not only work, but that will continue to reward you for a lifetime.
What is Nutrigenomics (AKA Nutritional Genomics)?
Nutrigenomics is the scientific study of how the food you eat influences your body’s response to your inherited genetics (DNA). Your DNA proteins make up the code that guides how your body functions and responds to every choice you make throughout your life. Your genetics can affect your metabolism, nutrient needs, fitness, weight, hormones, brain function, mental health, detoxification, and inflammation processes.
By testing your unique genetic profile, you can understand how and why your body responds and functions the way it does. Then you can make more informed choices to support your body and your health, rather than simply guessing or basing your needs off of generalized guidelines. Learn more about nutrigenetic testing for holistic mental wellness at TFF.
My Story – You’re Not Alone
I started The Fulfilled Fork to educate, guide, and support others through their journey to mental, physical, and spiritual wellness.
I struggled with debilitating anxiety and depression for a majority of my years here on Earth. I know how difficult mental health conditions can make everyday life. For most of my life I went about my days pretending that everything was okay and that I had it all together, but on the inside, I desperately needed support. I was a self-critical perfectionist who would do anything to avoid asking for help. I thought that if I needed help, I was somehow broken and eternally flawed. Experiences in my story include debilitating panic attacks, intrusive suicidal thoughts, ADHD, several deeply unhealthy relationships, and sexual trauma.
I had to hit my rock bottom multiple times before choosing to receive support and adopt holistic lifestyle changes.…
My first rock bottom led me to leaving an unhealthy relationship (for good this time). I got back into exercising regularly. I started practicing mindfulness, doing guided meditations, and keeping a gratitude journal. It prompted me to move to a new state to complete my dietetic internship.
My second rock bottom led to me committing to counseling, reading and embodying self-help books, journaling more regularly, getting a dog, finding a healthy, like-minded community of friends, and reluctantly trying an antidepressant. Unfortunately that antidepressant gave me horrible side effects, so I stopped it and decided that antidepressants weren’t for me. I felt lost in my life and moved again (this time to start a new job in a new state).
My third rock bottom led to me getting serious about my mental and physical health. I continued counseling, took courses from relationship coaches, and broadened my community of friends. I kept journaling, learning, & embodying. I practiced new techniques to manage anxiety, depression, and ADHD. I challenged myself to try new things and get out of my comfort zone, and picked up hobbies that I had long forgotten. I began traveling frequently and started expressing my true self to the world. For the first time in my life, I was content, proud of, and in love with who I was. I wasn’t suffering anymore.
Through trial-and-error, I found solutions that work for my unique body and mind. Solutions that are simple and sustainable. I wholeheartedly believe that you can find solutions that work for you too WITHOUT all of the trial-and-error that I had to go through.
You don’t have to settle for a life full of symptoms and misery.
These days, I no longer suffer from low-self worth, low self-esteem, depression, chronic anxiety, or chronic fatigue. More importantly, I continue to acknowledge and embody the commitment to healing and living my most fulfilled life as an ongoing part of life. Inner mind-body-soul wellness is a choice.
I bet you didn’t know:
My favorite (of many) hobbies is photography. I love photographing landscapes, boudoir, and folks with adventurous lifestyles.
I used to hurdle and coached high school track for 5 years! These days I love outdoor activities like biking, paddle boarding, hiking, and skiing (to name a few). Movement makes me come alive!
My headphones are one of my favorite items on earth (and have been since childhood!) I’m probably listening to music, podcasts, or books – don’t get me started on my top picks!
I’m an introverted extrovert aka a 2/4 Generator for all of my fellow human design nerds
Most of my weekends are spent traveling with my dog (and best bud!), Badger, in my camper converted 4Runner. I absolutely adore exploring mountains, waterfalls, lakes, rivers, and deserts….I’m in heaven everywhere.
I often have to get creative with meals because I wait to go to the grocery store until I absolutely HAVE to. Why? Because it’s a lot of effort, and, well…it’s crowded. Shout out to my fellow nighttime grocery shoppers!
My education and credentials:
- Registered and Licensed Dietitian
- Bachelor of Science in Dietetics with a minor in Business Administration, University of Northern Colorado
- Dietetic Internship (Sustainable Food Systems Concentration), Montana State University
- Member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Diabetes Educator, Clinical/Outpatient Dietitian, and Nutrition Therapy Manager for over 3 years
- Professionally trained in nutrigenomics, sustainable food systems, mindfulness, and functional/integrative nutrition practices.
- NASM Certified Personal Trainer, ACE Sports Performance Specialist
- 200 HR Registered Yoga Teacher, Trauma Informed